Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

CONVERSATION WITH A MAN WHO BOUGHT A BEACH SCENE PAINTING FROM ME AT THE FESTIVAL OF CULTURE LAST MONTH

"Okay, that's a deal and now I need another painting" he says in his Cockney accent
'Great', I'm thinking.
"She wants a beach scene, a funny kind, you know, typical English beach scene with the man sitting on the beach with a handkerchief knotted on his head. Nice plump ladies, kind of Beryl Cookish. Can you do that?" he asks



"Sure can" I reply hoping he didn't see me swallow hard and then we come to an agreement on the price.




"Great, call me when it's finished" he says as we swap phone numbers.
He tells me his name and I Google it for fun a couple of days later and turns out he has the same name as a famous con artist in the UK who's dead now but I make a mental note anyhow.



DO NOT ACCEPT A CHEQUE.

Have to go make a call now.

Bye

1 comment:

Judy said...

You must stop using all Caps in your titles - Oh Please. You sound like you are yelling. Please. And thank you.