Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Are Zebras White with Black Stripes or Black with White Stripes

zebra

Before I discovered photography I painted all the time. One day I painted a huge zebra and put it on display in a gallery with some of my other work. It sold pretty quickly and for a really good price too so I was delighted. As I liked it so much I had painted another to put on my kitchen wall so I thought as the first one had sold so quickly why not put the one I had painted for myself into the gallery. So I did and again it sold very quickly.
And I'm sure you can see where I'm going from here. Two years later I had painted and sold about 25 Zebras out of three different galleries and I still dont have one on my kitchen wall. While it was great to make money painting then selling the zebras I just wasn't enjoying rolling them out like a conveyer belt item so I stopped painting them, my heart just wasn't in any more.

And that's when I discovered Photography...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Art can lose its luster when it is produced for profit