Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2007

OK, DONT GET YOUR KNICKERS IN A TWIST

At 9am I said, "OK Girls, get your coats, time to walk to school".
Sarah asks me "Is it Friday?"
Friday is Sweets Day.
"No honey, tomorrow's Friday. You can get some sweets tomorrow"
"But everyone in my class gets sweets" she blubbers
"No they don't"
Tears well up in her eyes.
"YES THEY DO."
Snots run down from her nose
A complete breakdown ensues.

Now hold on a minute I'm thinking, there's something more here.

"Is someone bothering you in school, anyone annoying you love?"
Snots and tears have mingled by now.
"YES" she says looking almost relieved.
"Who is it love?"
'Its Megan, everyday in the playground she pushes me to the ground"
"You mean Big Megan or Small Megan"
"FAT MEGAN"
"OK" now I understand.

"Well you're lucky you're not me" I say seriously.
"When I was your age there was a group of girls who used to pull down
my knickers in the playground EVERY DAY and I had to remember to
ALWAYS wear clean knickers to school"

Sarah laughs.

"Audrey, do you see Megan pushing Sarah in the playground?"
"Yep."
"Don't you say anything to her?"
"Nope"

"Don't worry Hun, I'll have a word in her shell- like."
Sarah skips down the hall to school and it isn't even Friday.

No comments: