Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A GOOD NIGHT WITH A BAD MEMORY

On Tuesday night I went to a new Book Club meeting in a friends home. Yes, ME. Book. Club. Meeting. For the past month I've been reading snatches of the book, Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, whenever I can. Like at 6am on Sunday mornings or while sitting on the toilet between school runs.

After drinking two glasses of wine I discovered something new. I can critique really really well without actually having to mention important facts like the name of the author of the book or the chief protagonists name.

Mum, you were right all along. I would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on to me.

Now I'm wondering if my friends in the Book Club would consider Double Your Brain Power by Jean Marie Stine a literary work of substance when it's my turn to choose a book and host?

2 comments:

Midget Wrangler said...

Love that book, I really enjoyed it. It made me cry!

Ellen said...

I KNOW!!! What a story. Now I'll have to go and read another of her books!! I believe she has one before Lovely Bones