Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A PERIOD OF TIME IN MY LIFE I COULD DO WITHOUT

I always know when I am going to menustrate about five days before I actually do. How do I know? Well, here are a few simple signs that I look out for;
Cravings for alcohol, peanuts and popcorn, and lots and lots of peace and quiet. No arguments. A desire for my four children to be temporarily invisable becomes overwhelming. And last of all, lots of sex after bottles and bottles of good vino seems to settle me down.

I know that one day I'll be sad that I no longer menustrate. But right now, today, I hate when my periods do make an appearance, it is a hassle, all this bleeding. If you're a woman you'll understand my sentiments. Especially when the only trousers and shorts that you've got with you for the next week ahead are white ones.

My period came a little early this month and I put it down to all the extra pressure on my body from the flight back from the South of France. I wasn't expecting it till next week and I'd packed white shorts and jeans to take with me to our mobile home in Wexford. Today my period started and I went through two sets of white pants this morning before the shops opened to allow me to stock up on tampons and sanitary towels. The rest of the morning went kind of like this

"OK girls, into the car. We're off to the supermarket."

" OH MUM.........DO WE HAVE TO.......?"

"YES WE DO HONEY. And if you don't stop talking and get into the car, RIGHT NOW , mum's going to look like she's been shot between the legs."

From the look on Laras' face I think she got the picture, being 11years old and knowing the facts of life . The younger two? I think we need to sit down and have a little chat........ but I might leave it till next week.

1 comment:

aquaasho said...

I'm one of the lucky ones, mine don't bother me in the slightest.

Hilarious post!