Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I COULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE, I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER...........

It's my motorbike racing Dads fault that the revs and smells of 2 stroke engines and guys in leather are a pleasure to my visual and nasal senses and recently I've had reason to remember a time in my life when I was given, by him, an opportunity to make a big choice with my life.

When I was 12 years old he offered me one of two things:

A racing kart with an engine or a Raleigh 2000 bicycle

&immediately after I'd chosen the fecking bicycle I just knew I'd made the wrong decision.

Yesterday that feeling of regret which I've carried with me throughout the whole of my life reared it's ugly head when I was introduced, at the opening of The Art Station Gallery, to Ireland's most famous and ever-so glamorous Rally Car Driver Rosemary Smith.





&Yes, that's my painting of Grace Kelly hanging on the Gallery wall.

Finished at last.

&if I sell her I just might buy..............A RACING KART

1 comment:

Jo said...

Well, why the F not? Go for it! It beats experiencing road rage in an SUV! :)