Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

THIS LITTLE PIGGY WENT TO THE MARKET

Every November my parents fly off to visit my sister in Australia. Last year my father left something behind him. The little toe on his right foot.

Having just returned from Australia a couple of weeks ago he now finds himself ensconced in Saint Michaels Hospital Dunlaoighre awaiting test results to see if the infection from his diabetes related blister on another of his toes has gone into his bone. And all because real men don't go to the Doctor and anyhow amputation is painless these days. Really, you haven't a leg to stand on won't win with that argument Dad

The only upside to this is that we get to have my Mum stay with us while he's in hospital and finally I have an reasonable excuse as to why I'm buying yet another bottle of Sapphire Gin.

No comments: