Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

So it's Monday, the end of the bank holiday weekend and it's 9.30am and I'm sitting up in bed in the van with my favourite breakfast, cold toast and hot tea, when my phone rings and it's my sister who lives in Australia. And she's all......I'M GETTING MARRIED......and I'm all.....TELL ME ABOUT THE PROPOSAL AUDREY. NOW

She did and it went a little like this: We were on vacation. Picnicking at a gorge. Waterfall. Feet dangling in the icy water. Kissing and cuddling. Him on bended knee in the water. PROPOSING. IN THE WATER. A surprise bottle of Champagne in his rucksack. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Would my kids be her flower girls like their cousins? Would I be her bridesmaid along with my other sister and wear a black slinky dress, Karen Millen or whatever and all the while I can hardly speak because there's a lump in my throat and I'm not sure whether it's my toast or my emotions but I am sure that right now is not the time to let her know that two years ago during the sales in Gorey, Wexford our Mother twisted my arm behind my back and marched me up to the cashier and forced me to hand over €250 for a pale blue chiffon dress with flowers to wear to you know who's impending wedding.

I am sooooooo happy my sister and her gorgeous 6'2" man are getting married because after marriage comes kids and she's great with kids and besides, let's face it, anybody who reads her blog knows she's been having WAY TOO MUCH FUN these past few years.

Now, anybody know of a wedding I could attend in the meantime? I do have a dress.

No comments: