Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

CINDERELLA HAD MADE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS AND COULDNT MAKE THE BALL THAT NIGHT

Two years ago my Mother convinced me to buy a turquoise chiffon dress with matching wrap that she insisted I try on. It cost €250 and I have never worn it.

Last Thursday a friend of mine was in my kitchen telling me over a coffee about the romantic wedding she had been invited to in Italy and how she was going to have to go and buy herself a dress for the occasion. Never having worn my lovely dress in two years and thinking it a shame to leave it hanging in a dark wardrobe I offered it to her for the occasion. She loved it.

About an hour after she left, swinging the dress in a bag, my husband called on the phone to let me know that we'd been invited to a big Ball in one of the top hotels next Friday.

"But we've been invited to a Dinner Party in my friends house that night" I said
"Well, do you want to go to the Ball or the Dinner Party, let me know because I'll need to hire a black tie suit if we're going to the Ball" he answered
"But I've nothing to wear to the Ball" I said thinking of my lovely dress holidaying in Italy, Fairy Godmothers and weekends where the most I've done is a roast dinner.

No comments: