Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN

I returned yesterday from my holiday in New York and Long Beach Island and, girls, I'm missing you already. I've been sorting through my photos this morning and I'll post a few here now and some more tomorrow.

VIEW FROM THE NEW YORK APARTMENT WE WERE STAYING IN



KATZ DINER WHERE HARRY MET SALLY



PIER 17, SEAPORT UNDER THE GAZE OF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING





BARNEGAT LIGHTHOUSE



We stayed in an apartment, with fantastic views overlooking the Hudson River, for 3 nights and then we rented a large people carrier with all the whistles and bells including a sat nav for the drive to Long Beach Island where we stayed for the next 4 nights in Anns house by the bay. Putting the holiday into complete sentences would mean tapping away here for the next week so here's a few words which will hopefully give you an idea of what I've been up to these past days since I last posted on this web site.

Vodkas and tonics taste much better at high altitude and makes flying time fly.

Heat and sunshine makes walking from shop to shop more enjoyable and sitting in Central Park listening to Jazz a pleasure.

Not being called 'Mum' for eight days in a row allows you to drink cocktails, guilt free, at lunchtime on a Tuesday or any fecking time you like.

The Frick Collection is more interesting than Macy*s and Bloomingdales combined.

The Rockafella Centre charges $10 for a beer.

Long Beach Island is only a 10 minute walk in width from Bay to Ocean.

If you skinny dip at 7am on a small island EVERYONE will know.

Five women on holidays together laugh A LOT.

The Husband got on fine without me. He picked me up from the Airport and made me a fry up before sending me to bed for a couple of hours after the kids and I played "Christmas arrives early in the McDermott household".

He woke me with coffee and made dinner for the kids. He then put a plate of smoked salmon and a glass of cold wine in front of me which I promptly polished off. What a man. What more could a woman ask for.

Same again next year perhaps?

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Sounds really lovely. It's always the sign of a good holiday when you are planning the return trip before the holiday is over :)

aquaasho said...

Oh it sounds and looks wonderful Ellen and you have the most romantic husband ever!!!! AAAwwwww...